Network Technician (full time)
The Network Technician is responsible for onsite network setup, implementation, service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all IP telecommunications technology, VoIP, networks, Wireless and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Network support relating to technical issues involving all network systems.
- Network systems design and implementation at client locations.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of hosted IP telephony, switches, routers, WAPS and gateways.
- Work with carriers for ordering, installation, and troubleshooting of voice and data circuits.
- Resolve system alerts and notifications from the remote monitoring and management system through service tickets.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Documentation of systems to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service and project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how our services relate to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in our CMR software as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule in our CMR software that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in our CMR software.
- Review relevant publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and expertise in networking systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
To be considdered for this position, apply via https://www.indeed.com/